Monday, February 7, 2011

The Curse Of Beauty

I posted a message one time about how everywhere Launa goes, people want to gush over her. Other little kids want to hug her. Adults want to tell me how gorgeous she is. Everyone wants to be near her. It's the price of true beauty. Anyway, I took Launa and Daniel to the Dollar Tree the other day because they had a little money burning holes in their pockets. While we were there, a Mexican lady (who didn't speak ANY English) stopped us, and started to gush in Spanish about Launa's hair. I could tell she was telling me how beautiful it was, because she was stroking Launa's hair while smiling and speaking rapidly in Spanish. I did catch a "bonito" in there, which I'm pretty sure means "beautiful." After some smiles and a "gracias" (from me) we went on our way. I think Launa was a little freaked out. You'd think she'd be used to it by now.

No comments: