Sunday, June 14, 2009

Songs That Take Me Back

Do you ever hear a song, and suddenly you're 12 years old, sitting on the brick wall between your house and the neighbor's, chatting with the kid next door? Or you're on Catalina Island on a field trip with your class? Getting Ice Cream at Thrifty's drug store? Okay, your exact memories might be a little bit different, but these are the songs that do that to me.

It's funny how many times the Gin Blossoms are on here. I never really considered them one of my favorite bands, but their sound on every one of their songs (some I didn't include on the playlist) always sends me back.

4 comments:

timpani76 said...

Madonna, Papa Don't Preach. I'm in Mississippi listening to my headphones in my Aunt Margaret's living room.

Mary said...

Awesome. :) Anyone else?

Eyepoke said...

It's a sign that you are aging. I don't have any songs like that because my feral nature keeps me living in the moment. This accounts for my animal magnetism.

Mary said...

FYI- For anyone visiting now that didn't know I've changed my playlist back - I've changed my playlist back. These 150 songs do not all take me back to someplace...I just like them.