Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Another Post?

It feels kind of bad to put up a new post. It feels like getting on with my life means forgetting. Obviously my gramma doesn't want for me to stop living my life because she's gone.  That would be stupid. I couldn't put my finger on exactly what it felt like until a couple of days ago, but it just feels wrong to have a world without my gramma in it.  It doesn't feel right that everything should keep going exactly as it had before. And putting up a new post means that in 6 more posts, what I wrote about her will drop off my page, and she'll really be gone. But here I am anyway, writing something new. Life keeps moving ahead. 

I have a great story about trying to get home that would be great to tell, but I think it'll have to wait until tomorrow. Go to my Facebook page.  I have some great pics up of the tide pools that I went to with my dad and sister while I was in CA. It was really good to see my family, some cousins and aunts I haven't seen in a very long time. It was nice to have a few days without the kids...(oops, did I just say that?). It was good to spend time with my dad and my sister and hear about the insane things my dad used to do as a kid.  See all the places he used to go. See my other grandparents. It was a good trip. 

2 comments:

Bill Crank said...

Mary, it seems to me that as long as you live, your Grandmothers memory and life will continue.

Dana Cheryl said...

My grandmothers are a precious part of my life. They've been gone for quite a few years but I think about them daily. I find myself buying Impatients in the Spring because my Granny always did & making Gingerbread on cold days because that's what she did. They really do live in us. We will pass their traditions down through the generations. That's a beautiful thing. And before long we'll be together.

I am so touched by how much you love your grandmother.