Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Something You May Not Know About Me

I was born with 2 "stork bites" or raspberry birthmarks. One on my lower back (it used to cover my back when I was very small) and one on the back of my head that can still be seen when I part my hair. When my sister had her second daughter, they knew there was something the matter with her, but it took them several months to figure it out. She has a chromosomal deletion. But she also has a stork bite on her back and on her head similar to mine. The doctors told her that that pattern of birthmarks sometimes indicates genetic anomalies. Anyway, I thought it was an interesting fact, and who knows? Maybe you'll end up using this information some day.

4 comments:

Renae said...

So does that mean that you are genetically abnormal? Your new nickname could be "Abby"

"Abby Someone. Abby who?"
"Abby Normal"
"Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA?"

Unknown said...

I'd be happy if my daughter turned out exactly like mary.. :)

Sane? Maybe not so much :)

Mary said...

You flatter me Rob, but I'm afraid no one ever will turn out exactly like me. I'm just too original. I do wonder though, if I were to be genetically tested if something would turn up? Maybe I'm the missing link to Evie's problem.

Mary said...

Was that Young Frankenstein? BTW?