Thursday, January 15, 2009

In Case You Hadn't Heard Enough About My Daughter

Here are a couple more silly things my daughter has said.

The first is a little sad. I took her to Target and we were just browsing. We were in the jewelry and handbag department, and I heard Launa (my 3 year old) say, "That girl has very pretty hair, I wish I had hair like that." I couldn't believe my ears! My gorgeous child thought someone else had prettier hair than her?! (The model's hair was very pretty. It was dark and silky and smooth.) I am afraid that I'm already planting the seeds of insecurity in my child. I asked her why she would want that girl's hair when her hair is so beautiful.

Okay, now for the silliness. On my birthday I decided to take Launa for lunch, since it was a special day (but she didn't know). She had started telling me that she was hungry at 10:30 am. We finished getting ready to leave, and as we were getting ready to walk out the door, I got a phone call that held me up for about 20 minutes. While I was on the phone, Launa found some small toys and just played quietly nearby. When I got off the phone, I told her that I was very proud of her for not interrupting while I was on the phone, even though I knew she was very hungry. She said, "Fank (thank) you Mommy, what do I deserve?" Now, I don't like the kids thinking that they should be rewarded with junk just for behaving as they should, so I told her that she deserved my gratitude and my praise. To which she replied, "Oh...I don't want that!" Yeah, she was aiming for candy, I'm pretty sure.

2 comments:

timpani76 said...

I think insecurity is already there in girls. You can't escape it and it's certainly not your fault!

I hope my kids never catch on to Launa's tactics for getting candy!

Mary said...

LOL! It didn't work with Launa, it probably won't with yours either. ;)