Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday, My 6-Year-Old Launa!


Today, my precious little baby girl turned 6 years old! Can you believe it? More than half way to the double-digits! Last night as I was wrapping her gifts, one of them ended up being wrapped in plain pink tissue paper and was rather boring looking. I didn't have any ribbon or anything interesting to put on the package to make it more attractive, so in a flash of brilliance, I decided to look up on YouTube how to make paper flowers so I could put one on her package. It turned out so pretty that I decided to make more out of pink, green and yellow tissue paper, and hang them from Launa's ceiling so that this morning she could wake up to flowers hanging in her room. (I'll attach pics of the room after we clean it up this weekend. ;)



I'm sure that you all have been looking forward to Launa's annual story, and we did record one, but for some reason my photo program has started to quit responding when I try to transfer videos from my camera to my computer. I don't know what's going on, so once I get that straightened out, I'll add the video. Sorry for the inconvenience. (I actually really liked the story this year.)

Okay, so today, Launa woke to the paper flowers, and she thanked me first thing this morning for them. And she wondered how I was able to do it without waking her up. (I'm surprised I didn't! I kicked a toy that made a HUGE racket!) Then, since she'd been asking me for weeks if I'd bring her Chick-fil-a for lunch on her birthday, I brought her Chick-fil-a and ate lunch with her at school. Then we passed out cupcakes.

When she got home from school today she was DYING to open her presents, but I made her wait til Dan got home. After Daniel came home, she opened her gifts, and not very long after that, her Papaw came by with a gift for her too! Launa made out like a BANDIT this year! She got a unicorn pillow pet, and a Taylor Swift Barbie doll from her dad and me, Daniel got her a Littlest Pet Shop with 3 pets in it, and her grandparents got her a bumblebee pillow pet and $10. PLUS, when her little friends in the neighborhood found out it was her birthday, they brought her a popsicle. That was really sweet. :)

I bought her a cookie cake with "hippie peace signs" on it, that the lady accidentally started spelling her name wrong on, and had to fix. I didn't notice til I took a picture of it at home that she forgot to cross the "t." I got a good laugh out of it. Everybody and their sister called her today. As we were getting ready to go to bed, Launa gave me a face full of kisses and said, "Thank you for planning my birthday so good."




It's nice when I get something right. :) Today WAS a good day.


2 comments:

timpani76 said...

Happy Birthday Launa! I forget that her and QQ are almost exactly 1 year apart (QQ turns 5 next week).

Mary said...

Happy birthday, QQ! :)